Let There Be Light

Let There Be Light

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tree of Life

I made this necklace recently for the YOJ on the Australian Beading Forum.  The subject was "Tree of Life".  It took a while for inspiration to strike but once it did this came together in a little over an hour.

I really love the design and hope you do too.  The little leaves are Garnet and the focal bead is a seed. I was told it was a coconut seed but I'm not sure ...

My description of the necklace was -
The seed sprouts, the tree grows, bears buds, leaves and fruit. The chain of life continues, the decaying skeletal leaf provides nutrients for the seed which sprouts, the tree grows .... 





I'd like to do something similar in real gold rather than artistic wire but at the moment can't afford it.

1 comment:

  1. hello my friend! warm greeting ^^!
    your blog looks nice 0_0

    by the way,
    if you need to find unique typography, you can go to our website.

    best regards;

    ReplyDelete